Netanyahu Pushing New West bank Settlement

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has proposed the first new settlement in decades in the West Bank as ‘Israeli’ occupation officials and the White House agreed on future colonial settlement construction.

 

The new illegal settlement will be built for roughly 40 families-about 300 residents- evicted in February from the Amona settlement outpost.

Netanyahu’s proposal still requires confirmation by the ‘Israeli’ cabinet.

The announcement comes as US and Zionist officials in recent weeks conducted talks on limiting settlement construction in the West Bank after President Donald Trump asked the ‘Israeli’ entity to hold off.

The Trump administration gave the new settlement tacit approval on Thursday, by refraining from condemning the settlement construction, as past Democratic and Republican administrations have done.

A White House official said the Trump administration has made clear that “further unrestrained settlement activity does not help advance peace”.

Palestinians and the international community consider all construction in the West Bank illegal ahead of final status talks to maintain the Palestinian state on the already Palestinian-owned lands.

“Today’s announcement once again proves that ‘Israel’ is more committed to appeasing its illegal settler population than to abiding by the requirements for stability and a just peace,” said Hanan Ashrawi, a member of the Palestine Liberation Organization.

In the same respect, ‘Israeli’ high court in 2014 deemed the community of Amona had been built on private Palestinian land and ordered it razed.
Netanyahu’s office stated on Thursday that some 2,000 new settler units, out of roughly 5,700 recently approved for construction, had been approved for marketing.

Source: Suhaib Moussa 13th April 2017

website design by AndrayV