Nakba in my Present (Family Friendly Event), 12th-13th May, Hammersmith London
We are pleased to invite you to join us in marking the 70th anniversary of Nakba by exploring its meaning to many of us and celebrating Palestine on River Thames in Hammersmith between the 12th and 13th of May 2018 (RSVP on Facebook).
The theme is ‘Nakba In My Present’ and we will be holding a number of presentations by speakers sharing their views, feelings, experiences about what Nakba means to them. Apart from that, the 2-day event is set to host a vibrant programme including art, workshops, stalls and pop-up shops. There will be a raffle, excellent food and good discussion.
An interesting lineup of speakers!
- View the full event programme at ashaam.co.uk/pott
What to expect?
- Art exhibition by Nabil Anani, one of the most prominent Palestinian artists working today,
- Basic Embroidery Workshops with Auntie Suzy, 12th and 13th May, (Tickets | RSVP on Facebook),
- Introductory Dabke Workshops with Hawiyya Dance Company, 13th May (Tickets | RSVP on Facebook),
- Stalls by Interpal, Chachoulie, Ashaam, Auntie Suzy’s Embroidery, Zaytoun CIC & more.