World Week for Peace in Palestine and Israel
The WWPPI is a week of education, prayer and action for peace in Palestine and Israel, initiated by the World Council of Churches. It presents us with an opportunity to organise meetings, pray and take action for peace.
The WCC has produced resources for the week, including:
- An order of service for the week
- A call for prayer in 68 words
- 12 Faces of Hope: voices seeking justice and peace in the Holy Land
- 50 moments for justice and peace in 2017
In addition to these resources, the UK Working group for the WWPPI has produced the following resources for Churches and groups here in the UK:
- A promotional postcard: Download for free or order copies from Pax Christi (minimum of 100) here
- Voices of the Young: Powerpoint with testimonies from young people. Could be used within the liturgy or each slide could be printed and enlarged to create a small exhibition.
- A4 presentations: Saif, Dar al Kalim School – Beit Sahour, Bashar, Dar al Kalim School – Beit Sahour, Wadie, Lutheran School – Ramallah
- Liturgy: Why is this year different? produced by Jan Sutch Pickard
- Prayer Where are you God? by Jan Sutch Pickard
- Films and videos of children and young people talking about
their lives and experiences:
- My name is Sahel, an NUT project, daily life of a child in Hebron, Palestine
- Just like us: film of young people from schools in Nazareth, Israel
- Speech given by Noam Shuster, young Israeli woman, from the Israel-Arab village of Neve Shalom/Wahat al Salam, Israel
- Wissam Salman from the Evangelical Lutheran School of Beit Sahour.
- Noa Gur Golan, young Israeli woman who became a Conscientious Objector in 2017
We are hoping to produce an action postcard in the next few weeks. In the meantime, our campaign action from last year is still available online, and focusses on home demolitions in Palestine. Please click here to sign the petition to Boris Johnson MP.